REFLECTOR: Landing gear door Question

Ron Stacey rlstacey at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 1 14:28:19 CST 2013


Scott,

 

What is the procedure for "integral brake lines?" Sounds like a great idea.

 

Many thanks, 

Ron Stacey

XLRG 

 

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2013 10:15 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Landing gear door Question

 

I've flown both ways, about 600 hours with the main doors, about 150
without.

I don't see any speed penalty on the high end.  I do think there is a bit of
a drag penalty at low speed, high angle of attack attitude.  

I beefed up my nose gear doors, put integral brake lines in the main gear
legs, and left on the lower bump of the gear doors the covers the
wheel/brake assembly when the gear is raised.   that is my normal
configuration now. The reason I did was to increase the gear extension speed
to 160 kts. 

Scott
   

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: REFLECTOR: Landing gear door Question
From: Peter Braswell  <mailto:peter.braswell at gmail.com>
<peter.braswell at gmail.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list  <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
<reflector at tvbf.org>
Date: 02/01/2013 08:43 AM

All, 

Was wondering:  

 

Has anybody just left the gear door off?  Maybe a stupid question, but I'm
wondering what, if any drag penalty there is?

 

If Q #1 is off the mark, I was wondering about deferring installing the gear
doors until after our test phase is over.  Any down side to that that I
should consider?

 

TIA,

Peter




------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com 

------------------------------------------------------------------------






_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
 
Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html





-- 
Spirit is the real and eternal; matter is the unreal and the temporal.
Mary Baker Eddy
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130201/d4eea61e/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list