REFLECTOR: Electrical Diagram
Brian Michalk
michalk at awpi.com
Sun Dec 29 18:46:18 CST 2013
I don't understand the emergency bus. It's powered only by the b/u
battery? And when it is, the battery is not getting charged?
Could you make another schematic with your switches labeled, so we can
discuss these components?
On 12/29/2013 05:16 PM, Patrick Sieders wrote:
>
> Hello All,
>
> I have been working on my electrical diagram for a while now and I am
> about to put it in the airplane. But, it's always nice to have a
> second look (or a third, fourth.......) , especially someone with
> experience with the VP-X system. And so I present to you my simplified
> main power system. Now I know that this might spark a discussion about
> how simple your electrical system should be, I understand, but that is
> not what I asked for help.
>
> A little explanation : I wanted to use both my alternators at the same
> time, on separate busses. The VP-X as you might know, only accepts one
> at a time. So I made a circuit that makes it possible for my backup
> alternator to disconnect from the non essential bus (seat heat etc.)
> and connect to the main bus in the event my main alternator quits. If
> the backup alternator quits as well, then the main battery will be
> used for emergency power, which depletes. The backup battery will feed
> emergency instruments via power input #2 on those particular
> instruments, when the power of the main batt drops below it's own level.
>
> My question is for you to find any scenario and/or electrical
> situation that can occur which would be detrimental to the system. Ask
> me questions if you have them.
>
> Thanks for your participation, and if I do not speak to you until the
> new year, Many blue skies and soft landings for 2014 !
>
> Patrick
>
> Patrick & Dana Sieders
>
> 7244 Sugarloaf Drive
>
> Nashville TN 37211
>
> Tel. 615-250-2304
>
> Cell P. 615-918-2698
>
> Cell D. 615-918-2699
>
> Email. Js3201 at comcast.net <mailto:Js3201 at comcast.net>
>
> Http://www.sieders.com/sieders
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20131229/2cdfed9b/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list