REFLECTOR: Reflector Digest, Vol 105, Issue 24

Mark Riley the_rileys1 at verizon.net
Fri Dec 13 17:17:28 CST 2013


Brett:

I'd love to see a new calendar and have high quality pictures of a number of Velocities. I'll send them to you tonight.

Mark
On Dec 13, 2013, at 3:17 PM, reflector-request at tvbf.org wrote:

> Send Reflector mailing list submissions to
> 	reflector at tvbf.org
> 
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> 	http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> 	reflector-request at tvbf.org
> 
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> 	reflector-owner at tvbf.org
> 
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Reflector digest..."
> 
> 
> Today's Topics:
> 
>   1. Re:  2014 Velocity Calendar? (Brett Ferrell)
>   2. Re:  2014 Velocity Calendar? (Richard J. Gentil)
>   3. Re:  2014 Velocity Calendar? (Alex Balic)
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 13:07:26 -0500
> From: Brett Ferrell <reflector at velocityxl.com>
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: 2014 Velocity Calendar?
> Message-ID:
> 	<1386958046.18304.59298961.7BF05CA9 at webmail.messagingengine.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
> 
> Hey Paul,
> 
> 
> 
> I love doing the calendar (really, I do), but it's actually hard to get
> enough quality shots to use.  Most of our flyers don't take many really
> high resolution pictures of their airplanes, and when they do they're
> mostly on the ground.  Rather than just continue to feature the same 6
> or 8 airplanes at a slightly different angle I decided to take the year
> off.  A couple of our folks have hired professionals, or been featured
> by a magazine, and those photos are awesome, but unless I can get 12
> great pictures that folks are going to want to buy and feature in their
> home or shop, I'd rather pass than create a mediocre product.
> 
> 
> 
> So.... if there are some folks who've gotten some pictures taken in the
> last year that want to submit them, I'm willing.  I have some left from
> previous submissions, but I'd need at least 6 new airplanes or new
> locations and angles to really put together a good calendar.
> 
> 
> 
> --
> Brett Ferrell
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013, at 11:56 PM, Paul Folkes wrote:
> 
> After the last two fantastic efforts, I have become used to having a
> Velocity calendar in the workshop - gives me something to strive for!
> Haven't heard anything about it yet but here's hoping Brett will pull
> off another terrific job for 2014.  <Hint, hint>
> 
> Paul Folkes
> XLRG (fastbuild fuselage and wings)
> VH-VVX
> Building but a looooong way to go!
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> To change your email address, visit
> [1]http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> 
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> 
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> 
> Check old archives:
> [2]http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
> References
> 
> 1. http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 2. http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20131213/46dcc714/attachment-0001.html>
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 13:34:32 -0500
> From: "Richard J. Gentil" <richard at naples-air-center.com>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: 2014 Velocity Calendar?
> Message-ID:
> 	<272B0415-0CBC-474B-8426-812584021F18 at naples-air-center.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
> 
> Brett,
> 
> Maybe we should make a Velocity building calendar with each month showing an aircraft in one stage of construction it another. 
> 
> I would never have my Velo in a flight Velo calendar even though mine is flying it is still in primer but I would submit to a building in progress calendar. 
> 
> Richard 
> 
> Sent from my iPhone 5 Classic
> 
>> On Dec 13, 2013, at 1:07 PM, Brett Ferrell <reflector at velocityxl.com> wrote:
>> 
>> Hey Paul,
>> 
>> I love doing the calendar (really, I do), but it's actually hard to get enough quality shots to use.  Most of our flyers don't take many really high resolution pictures of their airplanes, and when they do they're mostly on the ground.  Rather than just continue to feature the same 6 or 8 airplanes at a slightly different angle I decided to take the year off.  A couple of our folks have hired professionals, or been featured by a magazine, and those photos are awesome, but unless I can get 12 great pictures that folks are going to want to buy and feature in their home or shop, I'd rather pass than create a mediocre product.
>> 
>> So.... if there are some folks who've gotten some pictures taken in the last year that want to submit them, I'm willing.  I have some left from previous submissions, but I'd need at least 6 new airplanes or new locations and angles to really put together a good calendar.
>> 
>> --
>> Brett Ferrell
>> 
>> 
>> 
>>> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013, at 11:56 PM, Paul Folkes wrote:
>>> After the last two fantastic efforts, I have become used to having a Velocity calendar in the workshop - gives me something to strive for! Haven't heard anything about it yet but here's hoping Brett will pull off another terrific job for 2014.  <Hint, hint>
>>> 
>>> Paul Folkes
>>> XLRG (fastbuild fuselage and wings)
>>> VH-VVX
>>> Building but a looooong way to go!
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>> 
>>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> 
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20131213/2acc8898/attachment-0001.html>
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 14:16:54 -0600
> From: "Alex Balic" <velocity_pilot at verizon.net>
> To: "'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'"
> 	<reflector at tvbf.org>
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: 2014 Velocity Calendar?
> Message-ID: <00fb01cef840$446b9660$cd42c320$@net>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
> 
> I can surely contribute to that... unfortunately
> 
> 
> 
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
> Behalf Of Richard J. Gentil
> Sent: Friday, December 13, 2013 12:35 PM
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: 2014 Velocity Calendar?
> 
> 
> 
> Brett,
> 
> 
> 
> Maybe we should make a Velocity building calendar with each month showing an
> aircraft in one stage of construction it another. 
> 
> 
> 
> I would never have my Velo in a flight Velo calendar even though mine is
> flying it is still in primer but I would submit to a building in progress
> calendar. 
> 
> 
> 
> Richard 
> 
> Sent from my iPhone 5 Classic
> 
> 
> On Dec 13, 2013, at 1:07 PM, Brett Ferrell <reflector at velocityxl.com> wrote:
> 
> Hey Paul,
> 
> 
> 
> I love doing the calendar (really, I do), but it's actually hard to get
> enough quality shots to use.  Most of our flyers don't take many really high
> resolution pictures of their airplanes, and when they do they're mostly on
> the ground.  Rather than just continue to feature the same 6 or 8 airplanes
> at a slightly different angle I decided to take the year off.  A couple of
> our folks have hired professionals, or been featured by a magazine, and
> those photos are awesome, but unless I can get 12 great pictures that folks
> are going to want to buy and feature in their home or shop, I'd rather pass
> than create a mediocre product.
> 
> 
> 
> So.... if there are some folks who've gotten some pictures taken in the last
> year that want to submit them, I'm willing.  I have some left from previous
> submissions, but I'd need at least 6 new airplanes or new locations and
> angles to really put together a good calendar.
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> 
> Brett Ferrell
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013, at 11:56 PM, Paul Folkes wrote:
> 
> After the last two fantastic efforts, I have become used to having a
> Velocity calendar in the workshop - gives me something to strive for!
> Haven't heard anything about it yet but here's hoping Brett will pull off
> another terrific job for 2014.  <Hint, hint>
> 
> 
> 
> Paul Folkes
> 
> XLRG (fastbuild fuselage and wings)
> 
> VH-VVX
> 
> Building but a looooong way to go!
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> 
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> 
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> 
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> 
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20131213/629afd14/attachment.html>
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose
> 
> End of Reflector Digest, Vol 105, Issue 24
> ******************************************




More information about the Reflector mailing list