REFLECTOR: Roll trim mod suggestions

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Thu Dec 12 10:49:41 CST 2013


Also, someone asked about an aerodynamic trim.

Jorge Bujanda was working on such a beast, if I recall.  Does anyone 
know how that worked out?

On 12/12/2013 10:06 AM, Ron N VelocityXLFG wrote:
> Got my belt and pulleys here
>
> http://www.mcmaster.com/#timing-belt-pulleys/=prz4ya
>
>
>
> On 12/11/2013 5:27 PM, Don Johnston wrote:
>> Thanks for the replies!
>>
>> I thought about a limiting cable that would prevent the motor from 
>> rotating.  But making sure it was strong enough and making sure it 
>> didn't cause a problem in "slack" mode was problematic.
>>
>> The clutch is an interesting approach. But the cost and space made 
>> that a non-starter.
>>
>> So I've removed the parts and ordered the smallest timing pulley I 
>> could find with a .25" bore.  I'll open it to 5/16" and try that. The 
>> nice thing about the timing belt is that you can control how much 
>> slippage is allowed with spring tension.
>>
>> Thanks again,
>> Don
>>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20131212/814b39fa/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list