REFLECTOR: Roll trim mod suggestions
Don Johnston
numa at comcast.net
Wed Dec 11 17:27:32 CST 2013
Thanks for the replies!
I thought about a limiting cable that would prevent the motor from
rotating. But making sure it was strong enough and making sure it didn't
cause a problem in "slack" mode was problematic.
The clutch is an interesting approach. But the cost and space made that a
non-starter.
So I've removed the parts and ordered the smallest timing pulley I could
find with a .25" bore. I'll open it to 5/16" and try that. The nice thing
about the timing belt is that you can control how much slippage is allowed
with spring tension.
Thanks again,
Don
On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Brian Michalk <michalk at awpi.com> wrote:
> Something like this:
>
>
> http://www.reell.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=37
>
>
>
> On 12/10/2013 8:51 PM, Don Johnston wrote:
>
> Requesting suggestions from the hive mind...
>
> After hearing all the comments about the stock roll trim slipping, I
> decided that I would go another way. When I saw Geoff's solution, I felt it
> was perfect.
>
> Except he has a motor with a .25" shaft where mine is 5/16". The pulleys
> for the 5/16" shafts are only available in a larger diameter and that
> caused interference issues with the aileron torque-tube bellcrank and
> cables.
>
> So I decided to go with a system similar to what is in my Cessna.
> Chains! Absolutely no slipping with chains. And it works great. Positive
> motion and no slipping. In fact, it will pull the spring around the pulley.
> Which causes it to derail and get caught in the bellcrank. :-(
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to put in a (simple)
> motion limiting mechanism. It would have to be on the motor or chain. My
> first thought was microswitches that reverse the motor direction. But I
> cant' figure out how to trigger the switches.
>
> Don
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20131211/14afa5c3/attachment-0001.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list