REFLECTOR: Roll trim mod suggestions
Brian Michalk
michalk at awpi.com
Wed Dec 11 16:56:55 CST 2013
A clutch of some sort would be a really good idea. I don't think it
needs to be electric, just set at a spring loaded torque value. I have
an electric one, but with some digging could probably source one that's
small and lightweight.
On 12/10/2013 8:51 PM, Don Johnston wrote:
> Requesting suggestions from the hive mind...
>
> After hearing all the comments about the stock roll trim slipping, I
> decided that I would go another way. When I saw Geoff's solution, I
> felt it was perfect.
>
> Except he has a motor with a .25" shaft where mine is 5/16". The
> pulleys for the 5/16" shafts are only available in a larger diameter
> and that caused interference issues with the aileron torque-tube
> bellcrank and cables.
>
> So I decided to go with a system similar to what is in my Cessna.
> Chains! Absolutely no slipping with chains. And it works great.
> Positive motion and no slipping. In fact, it will pull the spring
> around the pulley. Which causes it to derail and get caught in the
> bellcrank. :-(
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to put in a
> (simple) motion limiting mechanism. It would have to be on the motor
> or chain. My first thought was microswitches that reverse the motor
> direction. But I cant' figure out how to trigger the switches.
>
> Don
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20131211/5ce4e895/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list