REFLECTOR: Paint in the Nose Bay?
Hiroo Umeno
humeno at microsoft.com
Mon Dec 9 14:55:24 CST 2013
I wish I had done this before I fired up my plane. I had a nasty slow leak from the oil cooler fittings that didn't show up until the system was heated. As a result, the pool of oil that resulted from the first few flights has fully saturated the belly foam. The cockpit floor is still a bit oily from this. I hope to clean it all up (somehow) before I install the interior and the final paint but oh, what a mess...
Hiroo
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of jerry at jlbent.com
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2013 12:17 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Paint in the Nose Bay?
That is a great idea. I suggest you prep by sanding off the shiny finish, then prime and definietly paint with a good finish paint. I suggest finish paint not just for better looking interior, but rather to provide a barrier to oil penetration. Oil that gets into the glass and foam can migrate to the outer layers and make exterior paint adherence a real challenge.
Jerry Brainard
Jerry at JLBEnt.com<mailto:Jerry at JLBEnt.com>
-------Original Message-------
From: Paul Folkes <ausvelocity at gmail.com<mailto:ausvelocity at gmail.com>>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>>
Subject: REFLECTOR: Paint in the Nose Bay?
Sent: Dec 08 '13 8:33pm
Hi all, now that I have just about completed all of the glass work in the nose bay, I was thinking about giving it a coat of light colour or grey primer before I start fixing hydraulic pumps etc to the canard bulkhead. Any tips on preps for the bare (and in the case of the canard bulkhead, very shiny) fibreglass? What type of paint, noting that is is just to tidy things up and will not be generally visible?
Thanks,
Paul Folkes
XLRG (fastbuild fuselage and wings)
VH-VVX
Building but a looooong way to go!
________________________________
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20131209/c3d296cf/attachment-0001.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list