REFLECTOR: MT leading edge tape damage

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Thu Aug 29 13:26:24 CDT 2013


The picture didn't come through originally due to TVBF size
restrictions, but it's not really in the stainless (which is just on
the very edge), but there is this additional tape-like material, which
I think is for abrasion resistance... I'm trying to decide how critical
that is - can I just JB Weld it, or should I remove the tape, repair
the prop, and install new tape.  Picture attached.



--
Brett Ferrell
reflector at velocityxl.com







On Mon, Aug 26, 2013, at 03:29 PM, Mark Magee wrote:

Brett,

If its the SS leading edge, then yes, repair with JB Weld.



Mark B. Magee

N34XL XLFG

Sent from IPhone 4S





On Aug 26, 2013, at 8:15 AM, Brett Ferrell
<[1]reflector at velocityxl.com>

wrote:



I found a couple of nicks in my MT prop on the leading edge tape (not

actually the leading edge).  I'm tempts to just fix it with JB weld,
but

was wondering how important the tape is.  Should I have someone remove

the tape, fill the nick, and replace the tape, or is JB Weld fine for

this?



Brett

--

Brett Ferrell

[2]reflector at velocityxl.com

_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit
[3]http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector



Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery

user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail

Check old archives:
[4]http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit

[5]http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector



Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery

user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail

Check old archives:
[6]http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

References

1. mailto:reflector at velocityxl.com
2. mailto:reflector at velocityxl.com
3. http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
4. http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
5. http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
6. http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130829/96b04edc/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: MT_nick.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 582792 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130829/96b04edc/attachment-0001.jpg>


More information about the Reflector mailing list