REFLECTOR: Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island
James Traynor
jtetraynor at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 18 23:40:38 CDT 2013
Brooke
Western Canada were the mountains are is the same as The North West Pacific as they say it..VFR You may have to sit out a storm to get over the mountains
As for flight following You will need to call a Center and ask for flight following Yes you should file a flight plain and do ask for a transponder code if one is not given. The Center will help if they are not busy but don't hope for lots of help.
Do have fun.
Some day I wont to fly a figure 8 in Canada and the USA that will be fun
From: bwolf1 at tds.net
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 16:28:07 -0400
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island
Thanks Mark. I'll let you know how it goes. I just planned a tentative itinerary. Very tentative…Knoxville - Finger Lakes NY - St. John, NB - St Johns, NF - St. Anthony, NF - Stevenville, NF - Sidney, NS - Charlottetown, PWE - Halifax, NS - Yarmouth, NS - Quebec City - Ithaca, NY - Knoxville. Whew!…I don't think I can get it all in.
I like to fly VFR when I can and IFR only when necessary. Any Canadian's on the Canardian (Reflector) list out there that can tell me anything scary about VFR in Canada? I think a flight plan is required. Do they have flight following in the region I am going to fly? Do they call it "flight following"?
Thanks
Brooke
From: Mark Riley <the_rileys1 at verizon.net>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Reflector Digest, Vol 101, Issue 80 - Brooke's Envy Inspiring No Agenda Vacation
Date: August 18, 2013 1:24:17 PM EDT
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Brooke:
Lake Placid, NY is beautiful. Bennington, VT would make a nice stop. Watkins Glen, via Elmira, NY for soaring and hiking the glen. Niagara Falls. wine country tours in the Finger Lakes. Along the coast, you could do Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, Block Island, Newport, etc. Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City is beautiful. Try the web site Funplacestofly.com.
I look forward to hearing about your trip. I want to do the same thing with my wife.
Have a great trip.
Mark
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 10:54:10 -0400
From: Brooke Wolf <bwolf1 at tds.net>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list Builders list
<reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: REFLECTOR: Canadian Maritime Provinces
Message-ID: <A2817055-0A2C-4504-866E-7416BB132440 at tds.net>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Hello All
My lovely wife and I are going to fly the Velocity from Tennessee up to Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, PWE, and a possibly Quebec City beginning next Tuesday. We have ABSOLUTELY NO AGENDA except to see what we can see for 2-3 weeks. It is to be an adventure!
Any ideas from the Reflector community on places to visit, places to stay, things to see, airports to park at, airports to avoid, pitfalls to avoid, etc would be appreciated.
Thanks
Brooke
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130819/74c374f5/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list