REFLECTOR: What's the highest altitude airport you've flown into?

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 19:36:46 CDT 2013


Laramie Regional, (LAR), 7284 msl.  I've got about 190 horsepower with a fixed pitch cruise prop.  We were close to max gross with my wife and luggage and fuel.  The runway is 8500 feet.  All I remember is that it took awhile to get off the ground and I wasn't climbing very fast once we did get off the ground.

Doug
Standard FG w/ electric nose lift
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Dave T Nelson 
  To: reflector at tvbf.org 
  Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:49 AM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: What's the highest altitude airport you've flown into?


  I'm heading  back out west next week in my STD-RG, with it's normally aspirated 200 HP lycoming.  One of the places we'll be visiting is Pagosa Springs, Colorado (elevation 7664 feet - yeow!).  

  I've been into Santa Fe a few times (elevation 6348 feet) with  no significant scary departures, but, wow... 7600+ seems mighty high to this flatlander....

  So, what's the highest elevation airport you've been into?  Please include your aircraft & engine for comparisons....

  Thanks!
    
  Dave

  Dave T. Nelson
  T/L 553-4327, Voice 507-253-4327, Fax 507-253-3648
  Program Director, ISC ECAT NPI & Test Engineering



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130818/bc2c9a92/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list