REFLECTOR: Airwolf Air/Oil separator

Andrew Ellzey ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 18 11:48:25 CDT 2013


I’ve been having engine oil breather blow by on my cowling from my very first flight. I had an ACS air/oil separator installed, and it didn’t seem to be helping at all. I was loosing one quart of oil per hour. After a lot of research I decided that an Airwolf air/oil separator would be the best chance of stopping this oily mess. I received the model # W-3031 air/oil separator and its associated kit late this week. I installed it Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon I flew my XLRG for about 45 minutes, and when I got back to my hanger, there wasn’t a single drop of engine breather oil on my cowling. I purchased the unit directly from Airwolf for 499.00 plus shipping. The installation manual can be viewed online at:  http://www.airwolf.com/Manuals/AFC-W360_Rev_C.pdf  My installation matches the block diagram at the bottom of page 2 of 26 on this online manual. The Airwolf web site is: http://www.airwolf.com/

I didn’t take any photo’s of the installation yet, and I will be traveling for work all next week, so if anyone wants any photo’s I will post some week after next. If you are interested in purchasing the same kit for your aircraft, the person to talk to at Airwolf is Johnny Quest. The kit only comes with 18 inches of the CAT 7 hose, this was too short for my installation, my installation required 36”. The 1/4 inch hose barely reached for my installation, the 5/16 hose was too short, I needed about 20”, which I purchased from my local automotive store. Your installation location my vary from mine, so Johnny will have you use the installation manual as your guide to pick your mounting location and its associated plumbing.
-----------------------------------------
Andrew Ellzey
479-631-2851 (Office)
479-531-5139 (iPhone)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130818/3326d65f/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list