REFLECTOR: mag timing

Patrick Sieders pjsieders at comcast.net
Fri Aug 16 19:45:43 CDT 2013


Are you sure that the mag is working ?

If that's the case, it might be that the gears are not matched up right internally. Check with a magneto light. 

Is there a impulse coupling installed ? The spring could be broken.

Some items to check. Let us know.

Patrick sieders
XLFG-5 

 

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Gibbons <gibbons at as.net>
Sent: August 16, 2013 19:49
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: REFLECTOR: mag timing

Hello
I have a AEIO 540 l1b5 I and got a new slick mag and Light speed Ing. The engine tag cause for 20 degrees timing and been timing it their for years.  Now I have a new mag and  the engine will not run well at 20 degrees, but set it for 35 degrees it  run good.  Does any body know why  it will run on 35 and not 20?
Barry
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130816/1f5844c1/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list