REFLECTOR: Anyone have an ElectroAir Electronic Ignition on an IO-540 or O-540?
John Dibble
aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sun Aug 11 13:52:21 CDT 2013
Are you using the timing ring that attaches to the crankshaft? I have
the 1st generation Electroaire and my timing was too advanced when set
according to the instructions. You can try a timing light. Align the
prop with the desired timing and then using white paint or tape, make a
second pair of marks on the side. Tape the timing gun a few inches from
the marks with the trigger taped. This way you can view it from a safe
distance on the side.
John
On 8/11/2013 12:58 AM, Jack Prock wrote:
> Hi,
> I purchased a new EI from ElectroAir and I'm having difficulty getting
> it to work correctly.
> The engine will start with much difficulty, and when I switch to the
> EI only, the engine dies.
> So it is starting and running on the Mag alone.
> I pulled one of the plugs and can see spark on the plugs, so I know it
> is trying. So that leaves
> the timing.
> I have read the install manual over and over to see if I have made a
> mistake with
> the timing sensor, but for the life of me, everything looks just like
> it is supposed to be.
> ElectroAir has been very difficult to get ahold of on the phone, so
> I'm hoping someone
> here has done the install successfully, and can help me figure out
> what is going wrong.
> Jack
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130811/1e4bcae2/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list