REFLECTOR: Nose Gear Door Question

Don Johnston numa at comcast.net
Sun Aug 11 06:37:59 CDT 2013


Paul,

You are on a well trod path.

A good heat gun is your best friend.

You can do it all by hand, they need to be slightly over formed a bit so
that they relax to their final shape.

And some shot bags are nice to have too. That way you can support the ends
and let the shot bags do some of the work.

Don't over do it or rush it. I'm guessing every RG builder has had to do
this.

Don



On Sunday, August 11, 2013, Paul Folkes wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am working on the nose gear doors, for those that can remember back that
> far!  Apart from having to realign the misshapen factory cut out in the
> fuselage (ggrrr!!!), the premolded doors do not have the same shape as the
> fuselage - they are bowed but not enough and are slightly too flat.  My
> question is - how can I increase the bend in them - weight and heat? Cuts
> in the foam reinforcing strips, bend to shape and recover with BID? Or
> doesn't it matter - am I seeing a problem here that doesn't really exist?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul Folkes
> XLRG
> VH-VVX
> *building but a looooong way to go!*
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130811/10a47ed1/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list