REFLECTOR: Removing Borrom Winglets

John Abraham john at velocityaircraft.com
Sat Aug 3 09:56:25 CDT 2013


They do act as a strike plate but more so they help with use stability when landing. 

On Aug 3, 2013, at 9:24 AM, Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net> wrote:

> I always thought they were bumpers for bad landings! 
> 
> I've been flying for 700+ hours, sans bumpers.
> 
> Scott
> 
> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Removing Borrom Winglets
> From: jeff findarle <flynfindarle at yahoo.com>
> To: Reflector POST <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Date: 08/03/2013 07:48 AM
>> Hello all, The Velocity I purchased in March had a Taxi way Gear up, thus removing the bottom winglets. I have the wings off and am in the middle of reinforcing and smoothing out the unpleasing patch job some one made. My question is - Do the bottom winglets really do anything in the form of flying stability, control or lift? I see many Velocity pics that do not have them, some have small tiny winglets and it was suggested by one owner to have a small downward winglet to stop the air from sliding off the wingtip. I also quized a close friend of mine who has been flying for American for decades. Many Jets do not have down winglets. Some do however. He felt that the upper winglet should suffice to help in the air flow. I really like the look without a bottom winglet, so if I can keep it that way,             all the better. Any response from anyone who had them, then ground them off? Suggestions?
>>  
>> TEAM JEFF,
>> Jeff Findarle, GRI & Darin Heckel
>> Realtor                     Realtor
>> 
>> AllStar Realty
>> 575 N main St.
>> Heber City, UT. 84032
>> 
>> Jeff's Cell 435-503-0514
>> Darin's Cell 435-671-3957
>> Off. 435-654-9440
>> Fax 435-654-9437
>> 
>> Distressed Property Experts, Short Sales a Specialty!
>> Don't Lose it, Sell it!
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> 
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
> -- 
> One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.”
> Robert A. Heinlein
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130803/1fdbdfb0/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list