REFLECTOR: Removing Borrom Winglets

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Sat Aug 3 09:08:45 CDT 2013


I believe the consensus from the Reflector a few years ago was that they 
were mostly aesthetic.
Your best bet though, is to call the factory.

On 08/03/2013 08:48 AM, jeff findarle wrote:
> Hello all, The Velocity I purchased in March had a Taxi way Gear up, 
> thus removing the bottom winglets. I have the wings off and am in the 
> middle of reinforcing and smoothing out the unpleasing patch job some 
> one made. My question is - Do the bottom winglets really do anything 
> in the form of flying stability, control or lift? I see many Velocity 
> pics that do not have them, some have small tiny winglets and it was 
> suggested by one owner to have a small downward winglet to stop the 
> air from sliding off the wingtip. I also quized a close friend of mine 
> who has been flying for American for decades. Many Jets do not have 
> down winglets. Some do however. He felt that the upper winglet should 
> suffice to help in the air flow. I really like the look without a 
> bottom winglet, so if I can keep it that way, all the better. Any 
> response from anyone who had them, then ground them off? Suggestions?
> TEAM JEFF,
> Jeff Findarle, GRI & Darin Heckel
> Realtor                     Realtor
>
> AllStar Realty
> 575 N main St.
> Heber City, UT. 84032
>
> Jeff's Cell 435-503-0514
> Darin's Cell 435-671-3957
> Off. 435-654-9440
> Fax 435-654-9437
>
> Distressed Property Experts, Short Sales a Specialty!
> Don't Lose it, Sell it!
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130803/16856605/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list