REFLECTOR: Aluminum Fittings

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 19 17:09:03 CDT 2013


Aluminum  will experience fatigue If it flexes even a tiny amount where as 
steel has to be flexed to the point of deformation  before it starts to 
fatigue.  Aluminum won't fail right away but it has a definite life span and 
if left in service long enough it WILL fail.

Larry Coen
N136LC

From: "Brian Michalk" <michalk at awpi.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:15 PM
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: REFLECTOR: Aluminum Fittings

> I have two aluminum fittings on the turbo that I had to order steel 
> replacements for.  I haven't swapped them out yet, but will do that this 
> weekend.
>
> I'm trying to find the information on why we do this.  I've been told to 
> not use AL fittings on the engine, but I don't know why, and can't find 
> the reference.
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 


More information about the Reflector mailing list