REFLECTOR: Towing Velocities (Scott Derrick)

Dave T Nelson dtnelson at us.ibm.com
Wed Apr 17 14:55:20 CDT 2013


Scott, can you describe or send pictures of the tug itself?

Thanks!

Dave

Dave T. Nelson
T/L 553-4327, Voice 507-253-4327, Fax 507-253-3648
Program Director, ISC ECAT NPI & Test Engineering


----- Message from Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net> on Wed, 17 Apr 2013
08:11:34 -0600 -----
                                                           
      To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list       
          <reflector at tvbf.org>                             
                                                           
 Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Towing Velocities                 
                                                           



http://tnstaafl.net/canards/tow1.jpgLots of "opinions" about towing. MY
plane is an RG which makes it a bit easier I think to adapt a towing
systems, though I'm sure there are ways to attach a tug to yours.

I do have two nub's installed on my fork, attached photos, which allow
grabbing it with a standard hand tow bar or battery operated one as in
one of the linked pictures. This was the method I used years ago.

http://tnstaafl.net/canards/fork_attachment.jpg

http://tnstaafl.net/canards/tow1.jpg

I now use a gas powered tug, both pushing and pulling. The tug is setup
to move a C310 and two C210s around.  So I made an adapter that fits
over the fork legs so I can use this tug without fiddling with the
attachment arms on the tug.  I don't have any pictures of this setup.

We have a 1.5 inch high floor door rail I have to get over going in or
out of the hanger and you have to have the plane moving pretty fast to
get over it.  I "have" to back my plane out of the hanger or move a C210
in and out before me. There is no danger what so ever of my plane
tipping over backwards with the tug attached, in fact I use the tug as a
tipping preventer by connecting it to the nose fork.

Scott
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130417/771fea3b/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list