REFLECTOR: flight with extra weight

velocityxl velocityxl at fastmail.fm
Sun Apr 14 09:42:41 CDT 2013


Did a flight today with a bunch of weight . Plane was loaded to 2600 lbs boy what a different plane with this much weight. I have been flying around mostly with just me in the seat and the plane takes off like a rocket ship. Now with the extra 320 lbs it is a whole new airplane. Really have to pull back a bunch to get the nose off the ground. Lift off was 82 knots and the touch down and roll out was as expected a lot longer. I had the accualy use the brakes at the end of the run way. Usually I just coast to a stop. I have a fixed pitch prop
So now i can see why the constaint speed prop starts to pay for its self. What weight have others flow there plane with ? I was thinking of 
Getting its weight up to 3000 a nice round number . When i filled out the papers with the faa i said its max gross was going to be 2800.
Is it a big deal to change that to 3000? 

Ps I now see where people start to run out of trim. Over the numbers i had a lot of back stick. My alerion trim with the timming
Belt is working very well so  far. But auto pilot would be nicer.




Sent from Ron's Samsung tablet 

-------- Original message --------
From: John Dibble <aminetech at bluefrog.com> 
Date: 04/04/2013  4:10 PM  (GMT-06:00) 
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org> 
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Aileron Fences 
 
I have a fence inboard of each aileron.  I don't use rudder in the 
pattern/landing, unless I need to make a really sharp turn.

John

On 4/4/2013 12:33 PM, Scott Derrick wrote:
> both. And as Richard said, aileron control is relative.
>
> You will still need to use the rudders, but the ailerons will have 
> more force than sans VG's.
>
> Scott
>

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130414/38cdc707/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list