REFLECTOR: N4PE Testing Status
Tom Cacek
hytec45 at aol.com
Wed Apr 10 07:12:51 CDT 2013
Braided stainless on the MP line, and second oil cooler and be done with it.
Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Michalk <michalk at awpi.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Tue, Apr 9, 2013 07:44 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: N4PE Testing Status
As I mentioned in my earlier email, my last flight was cut short dueto high oil temps.I've had five flights so far, and after each flight have beenaddressing the squawks.? The biggest danger to flight so far was amanifold pressure tube that got hot in flight, and appears to havecollapsed after landing with low manifold pressure.? I replaced itwith a larger tube good for 250F in the engine bay.? That shouldkeep the EFI computer happy.On my flights I have been having high CHT's, and of course the highoil temps that follow.? I have made several changes, but next on mylist is to richen up the mixture a bit more from what I have now,which is just rich of best power.? I'm using electronic fuelinjection.? I am also going to try the following:Seal up all of the gaps around the plenum.When I tuned the engine, I used leaf blowers connected to theplenum.? This was more than adequate for engine cooling, andalso kept my oil temps down, so I do believe my CHT temps arethe root of the problem.? With the blowers, there were obviousleaks around the plenum.Clean up the sharp corners from the armpit scoops to theengineI'm not giving up on the armpit scoops yet, and really don'twant to.? I have my reasons.Reduce the timing.I've got everything at 28BTDC until I get to 2600RPM, whichadvances to 32BTDC.? That should give me a little bit moreheadroom.Richen the mixtureCylinder bafflesI can try this, but I'm not sure how it would really work.? TheFranklin cylinder castings are such that there is really notmuch room for air to flow between cylinders.? On a Lycoming, thecooling fins go all around, but on a Franklin, the castings aremuch different.? It's difficult to explain, and really requiresa picture.? Has anyone added the under-the-cylinder baffles to aFranklin?_______________________________________________To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflectorVisit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/galleryuser:pw = tvbf:jamaicangooseCheck new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermailCheck old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130410/1d18570f/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list