REFLECTOR: Nylaflow insert for brake line

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Thu Sep 27 22:09:26 CDT 2012


It is a soft aluminium tubing. 

Here is the link:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/mepages/3003versatube.php



Richard 

Sent from my iPhone 5

On Sep 27, 2012, at 10:27 PM, Rene Dugas <renedugas at gmail.com> wrote:

> What is Vesatube?  I'm ignorant.
> Rene'
> 
> Sent from Rene's iPad. A pleasure.  Go Apple.
> 
> 
> On Sep 27, 2012, at 4:40 PM, "Richard J. Gentil" <richard at naples-air-center.com> wrote:
> 
>> I put Vesatube inside the Nylaflow. It will solve your problem. 
>> 
>> Richard 
>> 
>> Sent from my iPhone 5
>> 
>> On Sep 27, 2012, at 2:21 PM, Brian Michalk <michalk at awpi.com> wrote:
>> 
>>> I did some high speed taxi testing this weekend, and got the brakes pretty hot, to the point of fading.  I could tell that my right brakes were a little better than the left side, and kept pressing harder and harder on the left until it popped the nylaflow off of the master cylinder.
>>> 
>>> I am trying to find the brass inserts for the thick nylaflow, but can't seem to locate them anywhere.  It seems to me that I originally had inserts, but now that I've rebuilt, I can't locate them.
>>> 
>>> The ID of the Nylaflow is .111, and I may just go buy some brass stock that will do the job.  Does anyone know where to get the inserts?  Wicks has some, but it looks like they are for the thin walled Nylaflow.
>>> 
>>> By the way, my right brake is making a lot of dust, and looks healthy.  The left one is very clean, and is probably glazed, causing me to put a lot of pressure on it.
>>> 
>>> When it happened, I coasted as far as possible to the end of the runway, shut off the engine, and jabbed the good brake.  By that time I was pretty slow and went about three feet into the grass.
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>> 
>>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> 
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120927/96de2745/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: VERSATUBE.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 9433 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120927/96de2745/attachment-0001.jpg>


More information about the Reflector mailing list