REFLECTOR: Repairs
Lou Stedman
stedmanlou at roadrunner.com
Sun Sep 23 07:58:10 CDT 2012
Thanks to all who replied to my repair question on exhaust. After reading your suggestions, I decided to cut an inch off my cowl extensions, exposing about 1/4” of my pipe. At the same time I enlarged the hole so I have better clearance. Hope this does the trick. I’ll will keep you informed.
No one responded to my rudder control horn repair question. Does that mean I am the only one who has had to do this repair? Since I didn’t build this plane, I don’t know what the control horn looks like inside the rudder. I am assuming it is just a straight piece of aluminum with a couple of holes to hold the epoxy. My plan is to use a hacksaw blade and try to remove the epoxy inside the rudder. Once I can remove the control horn, I’ll open up the hole a bit, fill it with epoxy and insert the control horn. Duct tape should hold in the proper position for curing. Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks
Lou Stedman
Velocity SEFG
N7044Q
Olean, NY
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120923/507c401b/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list