REFLECTOR: Repairs

Kevin Baker flykb at verizon.net
Fri Sep 21 00:28:25 CDT 2012


Hi Lou
My pipes extend just outside the cowl.
I'll be at the hanger on sat and will get some pics

Thanks
Kevin Baker

.

On Sep 21, 2012, at 12:08 AM, "Lou Stedman" <stedmanlou at roadrunner.com> wrote:

> I have two repairs to do to my bird.
>  
> First, while I was on a trip this week, I was forced to tie my plane outside. There was a large storm with high winds that came through and blew my  right rudder so that the bell crank  is now loose. What is the best way to repair this?
>  
> Second, I am getting severe bubbling on my lower cowl, around the exhaust  tube. I am running a straight pipe out both right and left side. The end of my  pipe is about 1” inside the cowl. There is a metal heat shield applied to the cowl with high temp silicone. Do your pipes extend out of the cowl and how much clearance around the pipes do you have? If you have any pictures I would love to see them.
>  
> Thanks for any advice you may have.
>  
> Lou Stedman
> Velocity SEFG
> N7044Q
> Olean, NY
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120921/3e07e130/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list