REFLECTOR: Overhead approaches

Terrence Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 20 11:30:21 CDT 2012


Interesting.  You might be seeing the camera mount shuddering and not the
wing. 

 

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Mark Magee
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:45 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Overhead approaches

 

I found this as the best example of a guy doing an Overhead Approach with a
break over the numbers. Notice the wing shudder as he starts his pull:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hS6VZJ97Hc

The key being he kept his angle of bank fairly uniform, telling me he does
them routinely. 

Dang, I wish I had Long EZ or an RV-8, that that yankin' and bankin' is
awfully fun.
I still say GA should be transitioned to the Overhead Approach as STD
Procedure.


Mark Magee
N34XL

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120920/a07c47f0/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list