REFLECTOR: Strong Trim system,

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun Sep 16 09:58:24 CDT 2012


All of you who are running the Strong Trim system, you are aware of a 
"REQUIRED" modification that came out a couple years ago?  Without the 
mod the end of the actuator can come loose from the barrel and render 
your trim system OTS and possibly jam the elevator movement. Be sure to 
contact Alex if you have not heard of this or are unsure if your 
actuator has the fix.

I installed a Strong system, flew 15 hours, pulled it out and threw it 
away. I thought about offering it to somebody but didn't like the what I 
though was poor construction methods and didn't want MY system failing 
in somebody else's plane.

I did leave his solid state relay and speed control unit installed to 
control the factory trim system.  That part of the system looked well 
done and it makes trimming the elevator much easier in cruise.

Scott


More information about the Reflector mailing list