REFLECTOR: 1st flight

Rene Dugas renedugas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 09:21:21 CDT 2012


David,
I agree.  Flying kids is great.  We have a fly-in Saturday at KMLU Monroe, LA and our EAA wanted to have a big prize for attendees.  There will be a drawing to fly in the Star Wars plane with me and get pictures.  I've flown over 100, an astronaut, and several WWII vets.  A trill for them and me.  I carry gallon zip lock bags (open) hanging from under the seat cushions just in case.  Kids get quiet when they are sick.  No hurling yet-9 years.   Just FYI.
Good food Saturday 9 till 2.  
Freedom Fly-In KMLU.

Sent from Rene's iPad. A pleasure.  Go Apple.


On Sep 12, 2012, at 9:02 AM, "David Ullman" <ullman at robustdecisions.com> wrote:

> It seems we have had 5-6 first flights this year reported on Reflector.
> This seems a good year for Velocities.  Congrats to all.
> 
> Being one of this number, another feel-good story and also a be careful
> about what you wish story.  When I first joined EAA 292, I attended a Young
> Eagles event (about 3 years ago).  I remember thinking, I cant wait to take
> some kids up.  So, this past weekend was the first YE since I flew off the
> 40 hours.  Now, I am President of the section and also filling in for the
> past YE coordinator.  So, after bustling around on the ground making sure
> that registration, pilot's briefing and the ground school were all
> functioning, I starting flying kids.  We had a lot of them and I lost count
> of how many I flew at about 7 or 8. I got tired as this was the most TOs and
> landings I have ever done in one day.  But still, I think my grin was a big
> as the one on the kid's faces.  
> 
> If you haven't done YE, do so.  The kids like the "star wars" look of the
> Velocity.  Not one noticed my 50' paint job (really white primer).    
> 
> What fun!!!
> 
> David Ullman
> N444DX
> President EAA 292
> 541-754-3609
> david at davidullman.com
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list