REFLECTOR: IO-360 / Mag Timing?
Geoff Gerhardt
geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 06:07:35 CDT 2012
Kevin,
I used a timing light to check my EI timing, but for some reason, it didn't
fire when I clamped the pickup over a Mag plug wire. I didn't really try
to figure out why (better shielding on the mag wires?) because there's no
advance on the Mag, so it is what it is at static. I used a buzz box to
time my mag. But, to attach my timing light, I zip-tied it onto the engine
hoist loop (the handle of the timing gun) and to the aft most bolt on the
top of the case line (the nose of the gun). I also zip-tied the trigger so
it was on. Zip-tied the connecting wires so they didn't flap around as
well. I had it lined up right along the case part line. Then, started the
engine and from behind the strake, I could see where the timing light
illuminate the timing marks pretty good (had to be in the evening, or at
least a cloudy day).
Geoff
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 1:54 AM, Kevin Baker <flykb at verizon.net> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Ok.. this may be an easy question but I just can't figure it out.
> How does one adjust the timing on the mag?
> Ok.. I know you install the mag TDC, etc but how does one utilize the
> timing light without getting hurt by the prop?
>
> Maybe it's easy - I'm just having trouble figuring this one out.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin Baker
> ______________________________**_________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/**
> listinfo/reflector <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector>
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/**velocity/maillist.html<http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120912/d5862cb9/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list