REFLECTOR: MT hub grease

Scott Baker scottb33333 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 15:50:30 CDT 2012


On 9/10/2012 9:37 AM, Karl J. Warner wrote:
> After a recent 4 hr xc I see some hub grease on the blades of my 
> MTV-12 (IO-360 C1E6).  I did a quick google and see MT Service Letters 
> SL 14 D, SL 21B, and SL 23 C all seem to addresses this concern with 
> new blade seals and the use of MT-2 grease instead of Aeroshell 5.
>
> Anyone else have this problem and know if the work can be done by an 
> A/P, or a prop shop; or, am I stuck shipping to Deland?
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
In the world of experimental aviation, it is okay for an A&P to 
dismantle/service/and reassemble the propeller - however, I personally 
would not go this route unless this person has experience in this sort 
of thing.
Mt-Propeller lists a number of propeller shops across the USA that can 
perform 'authorized' service work on Mt- propellers.  Rather than ship 
the propeller to Deland, I think this might be the better choice to 
perform the work you want done.
Scott B.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120910/146d71ed/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list