REFLECTOR: Hudson River trip

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at roadrunner.com
Thu Sep 6 12:32:45 CDT 2012


Thanks Grover

From: Grover McNair 
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2012 9:34 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' ; 'Canard Aviators' 
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Hudson River trip

I am flying Wednesday from North Carolina to Bar Harbor. The Hudson River corridor is part of the plan. Below are my notes on the requirements. There is an online quiz at 

https://www.faasafety.gov/gslac/ALC/course_catalog.aspx

Choose course ALC-79. Be sure to have the correct chart for the SFRA.

Unfortunately my Velocity is not ready. I will be in a Mooney. 

NYC SFRA

 

93.350, 351, 352

 

Current TAC on board

 

Hudson River Exclusion:

   O Transient - <1300 to 1000

   O Local - <1000

 

Operation

  O <140 Kts

  O Stay to right

  O Maintain constant altitude

  O Light up

 

 

Self Announce at mandatory reporting points/ 123.05

  O VZ

  O Statue of Liberty

  O Clock

  O Intrepid

  O GWB

  O Alpine Tower

 

Position Report / 123.05

  O A/C type

  O Position

  O Direction

  O Altitude

 

Circling Statue of Liberty

  O Local level, not transient

  O CCW

  O <500’, stay near 500’

 

Grover McNair

Flying N1068X


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Lou Stedman
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2012 12:07 AM
To: Canard Aviators; Velocity Reflector
Subject: REFLECTOR: Hudson River trip

 

My wife Sue and I are planning to do the Hudson River trip around New York in the next week or so. I have all of the necessary charts but would like to talk to someone who has recently done this route. Also, We will be spending the night in Manhattan so I am looking for a good airport to land for the day. Any suggestions? I don’t have any problems taking the subway or train into the city. Thanks

 

Lou Stedman
Velocity SEFG
N7044Q
Olean, NY



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120906/b3d48c54/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list