REFLECTOR: Gascolator requirements in Canada (Bob Huntingford)
Richard J. Gentil
richard at naples-air-center.com
Wed Sep 5 12:57:25 CDT 2012
I took a gascollator from an old C-152 and mounted it on the bottom of the firewall. I believe it would meet your needs. I could take a picture of you like.
Richard
Sent from my iPhone 4 Classic
On Sep 5, 2012, at 1:35 PM, Fred Anderka <fred at holohil.com> wrote:
> As Brian points out, the sump tank makes a darn good Gascolator, the MD-RA does not agree, they want to see a real one mounted as low as possible. I mounted an ANDAIR Gascolator on the firewall just to the right of the electric fuel (priming) pump. While not the lowest point of the fuel system it seems to satisfy the MD-RA. For appearance sake, raising the priming pump a few inches would make the Gascolator the lowest point in the engine side fuel system.
>
> A lot of certified A/C have gascolators that are not at the lowest point in the fuel system. For example the C-182 has the Gascolator at least a foot above the fuel selector valve
>
> Fred Anderka
> C-GHOL, XL-RG
>
> From: Bob Huntingford <bhunting at telusplanet.net>
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Gascolator requirements in Canada
>
> Since a gascolator is required in Canada "at the lowest point in the fuel system" which would put it under the belly of the aircraft, I was wondering where other people have installed their gascolator??
> Specifically those of us building or built in Canada and having met the MD-RA requirements. Your comments would be appreciated along with photos of the installation.
>
> Bob Huntingford
> Velocity XL-FG
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list