REFLECTOR: Aerodynamic wheel pants

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 20:19:49 CDT 2012


I've got the original whale pants, and they do help.  I know this because my 
plane has a slight yaw.  As an experiment I flew the plane once with only 
one wheel pant, and it centered the ball.

Doug Holub
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Mark Magee" <edjonesbrady at gmail.com>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Cc: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2012 8:08 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Aerodynamic wheel pants


> All this wheel-pant observed speed data is baffling. Does anyone have any 
> data showing wheel pants helped? These type of reports are so different 
> than what was observed in the Long EZ community.
>
> Mark B. Magee
> N34XL
> Sent from IPhone 4
>
> On Sep 3, 2012, at 6:19 PM, "Lou Stedman" <stedmanlou at roadrunner.com> 
> wrote:
>
>> I changed mine and it had 0 effect. I am the same cruise and top speed as 
>> I was with the factory pants and no pants.
>>
>> -----Original Message----- From: Andrew Judge
>> Sent: Monday, September 03, 2012 5:25 PM
>> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
>> Subject: REFLECTOR: Aerodynamic wheel pants
>>
>> Anyone have experience changing your wheel pants from the factory default 
>> to the more aerodynamic tapered ones? If so, how much of a speed impact 
>> did they have?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Andy
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit 
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit 
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 



More information about the Reflector mailing list