REFLECTOR: To cant or not to cant?

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Mon Sep 3 23:37:23 CDT 2012


Zero Cant in mine.... but I am not yet flying.  Have to say.. I took the cant out of my PA28-180  and my 235. No noticeable difference in rudder.. Minor.. VERY minor speed difference.. perhaps 1 kt.. However.. fuel burn went down 1/2 Gallon per hour. 

Kurt 


-----Original Message-----
From: Brooke Wolf <bwolf1 at tds.net>
To: reflector <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Mon, Sep 3, 2012 7:25 pm
Subject: REFLECTOR: To cant or not to cant?


Mine was too Don.  Nothing that can't be fixed by shims.


Brooke





From: Don Johnston <numa at comcast.net>

Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: To cant or not to cant?

Date: September 3, 2012 5:46:30 PM EDT

To: reflector at tvbf.org

Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>



That's what I thought. :-(

I have a noticeable cant to the right. I thought that I may have a misaligned firewall (even though I checked it many times up until now). Albert suggested that I check the engine mount and it turns out mine is asymmetric. I haven't done the math to determine how many degrees off center it is yet.

Guess I'll be calling Scott in the morning. :-(

-Don

From: Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Cc: 
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 11:10:25 -0600
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: To cant or not to cant?
              
I was told by Duane not to cant when building my engine mount.     Perpendicular mount.
    
    P factor doesn't apply in a pusher.  Torque, we only wish we had    that problem!
    
    Scott





 
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120904/bd310203/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list