REFLECTOR: Fuel Remaining Serial Message

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Mon Oct 29 16:48:31 CDT 2012


I know this may be a bit too specific, but I'm not having any luck so far.

I am running the GX60, and in the installation manual, there's a whole 
list of serial formats for navigation, messages and what not. There is 
the capability to read the Shadin fuel airdata, and they have documented 
the current fuel flow and fuel consumed messages.

I called Garmin-AT today and asked the engineer how the GX60 knows how 
much fuel is on board.  If the Shadin is there, the GX60 sends it a 
message, asking for total fuel on board.  The Shadin then replies with 
total fuel on board.  If the Shadin is not there, but the fuel airdata 
serial stream is configured via the front panel, then the GX60 will 
display on the front panel asking the pilot how much fuel is on board.

So far so good.  So I ask the engineer if he has any documentation on 
this protocol.  Nothing he can send me, is what he said.  I hate Garmin.

Does anyone know where I can find the protocols for the GX60? There's a 
lot of messages that are not documented that I might be interested in, 
but for now, I would really like to know what the Shadin fuel on board 
response message is.  I've tried finding the Shadin protocols, and can't 
find anything there either.


More information about the Reflector mailing list