REFLECTOR: Seat recline
Jack Prock
jackprock at wavecable.com
Thu Oct 18 18:58:52 CDT 2012
Sent this last night, but it got held up waiting for approval because it was over the post size limit.
I will post as two separate posts to see if they go through.
Just used the seat hinges that came with the kit. I had to drill new holes, because the
Miata hinges are larger. I’ve attached two pics ... this is not the color material I am
using, the seat guy wanted to make a seat cover prototype first to see how I liked it.
He just used what he had laying around. The Miata hinge covers make these hinges
look really nice.
From: Reiff Lorenz
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:28 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Seat recline
Jack,
We'd love to see pictures of your seats and hinges. Have any you can share with us?
Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 37% complete
Currently working on: Fitting left cowl to wing root.
The Velocity Builders' Virtual Hangar. Available 24/7 for builders and owners:
https://liveconferencepro.com/guest/loginguest.php?id=86a48563bb517ade0abf1a7ee1f38e65
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Jack Prock
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:03 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Seat recline
Hi Glenn,
A few months back there was a discussion on the Reflector about using Miata seat hinges. I bought a couple on
ebay and they work great. I am just finishing up the upholstery this week. The hinge works well, and I bought
new hinge covers separately, so now they look brand new.
Mid-90’s Miata hinge.
Jack
From: Glenn Falkenberg
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:20 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Seat recline
Hi All
Has anyone done a reclining hinge on there seats? If so what kind of hinge did you use and what did you use for the hing on the other side of the seat.
Thanks for any input
Glenn
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20121018/314bcf50/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image[1].png
Type: image/png
Size: 311847 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20121018/314bcf50/attachment-0001.png>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list