REFLECTOR: Stratus placement
Peter Braswell
peter.braswell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 18:03:51 CDT 2012
Hi Gordon,
Currently I'm flying a C182RG and mount the Stratus on the top of the glare
shield. You are correct, it can get hot but what I do (low tech) is fold
up an 8x10" piece of paper and make a little tent around the Stratus. This
keeps it cool enough, even on a hot day and I've never had an issue with it.
Best,
Peter
------------------------------------------------------------------------
*"It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com*
*Great Aviation Gear: www.sky-gadgets.com*
------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Gordon Putney <cgputney at gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
> Please advise best location and security for Stratus GPS and weather
> receiver.
> I understand it can get too hot on a glare shield, and slide around in
> turbulence.
> I prefer not to purchase the separate antenna.
> TIA,
> Gordon Putney
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20121017/c8bcb06a/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list