REFLECTOR: Help checking out

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Mon Oct 8 12:01:49 CDT 2012


If you did not build the Velo I would recommend the factory to spend some additional time with the specifics of the construction and materials of the aircraft since you are able to sign off the condition inspection as an A&P. 

The flying will not take more then an hour or two since you are current but the ground school and time going through different Velos in various stages of construction is invaluable. 

Richard

Sent from my iPhone 5

On Oct 8, 2012, at 12:48 PM, Kevin Baker <flykb at verizon.net> wrote:

> I would agree
> Give the factory a call and John A can check you out.
> Top notch CFi and training
> Highly recommended 
> Guess how I know ... Yep had my transition training with him.
> 
> Kevin Baker
> 
> .
> 
> On Oct 8, 2012, at 11:11 AM, Mark Magee <edjonesbrady at gmail.com> wrote:
> 
>> Hi Paul, 
>> I can name a few, but will instead do the right thing and recommend you you to the factory. The CFI's that own Velocity's that I asked for a checkout recommended me to the factory. As a community we are blessed to have the support of the Factory, and John Abraham is an excellentinstructor with the best qualifications to get you comfortable with a Velo in the pattern. He gave me BFR at the same time. LOVED the high speed stalls! I may do one of those with whole family in the future... 
>> Money well spent, if unhappy I'll buy you cup of coffee (no Starbucks) :)
>> 
>> 
>> Mark B. Magee
>> N34XL XLFG
>> Sent from IPhone 4S
>> 
>> On Oct 8, 2012, at 10:46 AM, Paul <padslider at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> 
>>> I am new to the Velocity.  I am a airline guy who still enjoys general aviation.  I hold a A + P also from Purdue.  As you are all aware this is a difficult bird to get into.  We have insurance solved where we do not need factory training.  Is there a CFI guy out there in the Velocity near Denver who can check me out?
>>> 
>>> Sent from my iPad
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>> 
>>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> 
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list