REFLECTOR: Reflector Digest, Vol 92, Issue 73

Dave T Nelson dtnelson at us.ibm.com
Sat Nov 24 17:08:27 CST 2012


Here's  a picture from one of the oil studies I did at the time... you can
clearly see the airflow separation around the exhaust hole.  The exhaust
was cut basically flush with the cowl.

(See attached file: IMG_5813.JPG)

Dave





----- Message from Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net> on Sat, 24 Nov 2012
08:11:21 -0700 -----
                                                           
      To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list       
          <reflector at tvbf.org>                             
                                                           
 Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Reflector Digest, Vol 92, Issue   
          66                                               
                                                           


How far out did your old pipes stick?

Gotta a before picture?

Scott

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Reflector Digest, Vol 92, Issue 66
From: Dave T Nelson <dtnelson at us.ibm.com>
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Date: 11/24/2012 07:35 AM


      That exhaust replaced the "straight out the bottom" exhaust I had
      been flying for a few hundred hours.  There were several changes
      going on at that time, including some reshaping of the armpit cooling
      air scoops I had at that time.  I stand by what I have said
      previously - I'll credit the exhaust by itself for 7 to as much as 10
      knots of improvement.  It was huge(!).  Your results may vary.

      Dave

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20121124/69a79811/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: IMG_5813.JPG
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 683647 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20121124/69a79811/attachment-0001.jpe>


More information about the Reflector mailing list