REFLECTOR: Hello from Chad and EAA

Reiff Lorenz Reiff at Lorenz.com
Wed Nov 21 14:43:15 CST 2012



Chad,



Glad to have you joining our group. Hope you can get your cub flying and start on the Velocity soon!



I know EAA has come under scrutiny recently for following the Airventure dollar and not paying attention to the homebuilder. Many of us understand that the income from Airventure is what funds many of the great programs that EAA offers to the E-AB community. There will always be tradeoffs to make.



In any event, I'm glad to see EAA connecting with its members on their home turf. In fact I just listened to Jack Pelton doing an interview on the Uncontrolled Airspace podcast where he talked about the EAA reconnecting with all its constituents, homebuilders, the warbird crowd, LSA flyers, etc.


Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 38% complete
Currently working on: Installing quick-release hardpoints for Corbeau A4 seats


The Velocity Builders' Virtual Hangar<https://liveconferencepro.com/guest/loginguest.php?id=d3a73e710c719626dd353d3b101be90f>. Available 24/7 for builders and owners. (And all Reflector members!)
https://liveconferencepro.com/guest/loginguest.php?id=86a48563bb517ade0abf1a7ee1f38e65







-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Chad Jensen
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 12:57 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Hello from Chad and EAA



Hello Velocity owners and builders! This style of email list is somewhat new to me, but I wanted to join, say hi, and let you all know two things.



First, while not a Velocity builder yet, my wife and I intend to build one when my Cub is done. We had planned to start building one in 2005. I was on the phone with Scott ready to order when I realized that I didn't have the proper shop space to build one. I switched to choice number 2, an RV-8, and my wife immediately switched me to choice 3, the RV-7. She didn't want to sit behind me, and still doesn't. So while I am now building a Cub, she still wants a traveling airplane with room for the dogs. We will be back to a Velocity kit soon!



Secondly, I have been on staff at EAA for a bit over a year now, and I'm sure you all know of the changes that happened first back in January, and more recently at the end of October with Rod leaving EAA. I want you guys to know that I, and EAA, have a lot of work to do to bring back the core of what EAA is, and I now feel we are beginning a new era to do just that. I am on the senior leadership team (the VP's) and that's an important thing for us homebuilders. There will still be things on place at EAA to ensure we survive financially and remain relevant, but what EAA is isn't going anywhere. It's the homebuilders, chapters, and volunteers that make it what it is. All are welcome...Paul said that on day one, and he said it at a dinner last week.



Let me know what I can do, and I look forward to participating here with you all!



Chad Jensen

Sent from my iPad

_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector



Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery

user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail

Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20121121/3f54daf9/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list