REFLECTOR: Early model Velocity RG Engine Cooling (David Smith)
Richard J. Gentil
richard at naples-air-center.com
Tue Nov 20 09:38:47 CST 2012
Dave N,
Which go fast mod have you done and what speeds are you getting? (Please mention the engine and prop combo you are running.)
Thanks,
Richard
Sent from my iPhone 5
On Nov 20, 2012, at 10:21 AM, Dave T Nelson <dtnelson at us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Dave, feel free to contact me directly or give me a call on this, but I'll net it out very simply. Put in the roof top NACA scoops.
>
> I've tried pretty much every conceivable cooling solution on my STD-RG. I had the armpit scoops you are starting with for years. For a period of time (almost two years) my plane was nearly unflyable due to cooling issues. It's a long sad story having to do with go-fast mods, and filled with twists and turns, but the net is... the roof top NACA solution completely solved the problem to the point where my CHTs are arguably too cool... and it wasn't very hard to install... and it looks great.
>
> Dave
>
> Dave T. Nelson
> T/L 553-4327, Voice 507-253-4327, Fax 507-253-3648
> Program Director, ISC ECAT NPI & Test Engineering
>
> ----- Message from David Smith <dwsmithaircraft at yahoo.com> on Tue, 20 Nov 2012 06:15:44 -0800 (PST) -----
> To:
> "reflector at tvbf.org" <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Subject:
> REFLECTOR: Early model Velocity RG Engine Cooling
> I have bought and am rebuilding a damaged Standard Velocity RG. It appears it has gone through a couple of air inlet mods with the latest being under strakes at wing to fuselage corners. I am at the stage where I would like to incorporate the best cooling to drag design before paint. The baffling that came with the aircraft is all wrong for the flow in the cowl. I have looked and thought about differences between up-flow and down-flow cooling with down-flow being simplest with baffling, but with low air inlets being simplest at modification. Any suggestion or a point in where to go for info will be appreciated.
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20121120/21adc779/attachment-0001.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list