REFLECTOR: Propellers 1 2 3 4 Blades

Velocity velocityxl at fastmail.fm
Sat Nov 17 10:46:28 CST 2012


I am working on making my second propeller. My first one is a three 
blade. I works just as
it was designed for,  great take off performance. I  now think I would 
like to have one that has
a bit more top speed. Now a single blade propeller is the most efficient 
but a little
impractical and hard to balance. So my question is a 2 bladed propeller  
would be the next most efficacy
and easiest to build but my fear is having both blades traveling through 
the wake from the wings.
at the same time . A four bladed propeller  has the same issue as a two 
blade just twice the frequency .
  Any thoughts on the choice of number of blades.

More blades equals smaller diameter but I have enough room to swing a 2 
blade so that is not an issue .

Long easy guys seem to have no issue with two blades . Any one in the 
velocity world
use a two blade propeller with or with out success?


Ron

Velocity XLFG  Chevy LT1  300 hp


More information about the Reflector mailing list