REFLECTOR: Weight and Balance
Andrew Ellzey
ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 17 09:02:51 CST 2012
Thanks Scott, I was getting worried that I was out of normal weight range for a XLRG-5.
Andy
>________________________________
>From: Scott Baker <scottb33333 at gmail.com>
>To: Andrew Ellzey <ajlz72756 at yahoo.com>; Velocity Aircraft Owners andBuilders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
>Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2012 8:00 AM
>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Weight and Balance
>
>
>1900 pounds is about average for the xlrg-5 with a large engine. I would have no problems setting a mgtow between 2900 and 3000- pounds.
>
>Scott Baker
>
>On Nov 16, 2012, at 8:38 PM, Andrew Ellzey <ajlz72756 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>
>My aircraft is 99% finished including paint and interior. I have added most of the -5 options to my XLRG kit, including the extra carbon fiber buildups on my main gear, cut down keel and rear bench seat. I did most of my weight and balance today. My total empty weight for my XLRG with a Lycoming IO540, 300hp, is 1,902 lbs. This seems heavy for an XLRG-5. I am at the point in my weight and balance that I have just added the 15 gallons of fuel. It was too late to call the fuel truck to top it off with full fuel. I inclosed my strakes so my total fuel capacity should be around 95 gallons, I won't know until I fill her up.
>>
>>What are others seeing for your empty weight for an XLRG and an XLRG-5? What weight are you using for your gross weight.
>>
>>Andrew Ellzey
>_______________________________________________
>>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20121117/c6452cf7/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list