REFLECTOR: Weight and Balance

Lawrence Epstein ljepstein at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 17 08:18:14 CST 2012


What do you mean by "I inclosed my strakes"? (Don't we all?) If you added
fuel inboard, where the baggage shelves are, that shouldn't change
anything, as that is on the CG.

Larry Epstein

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 2:17 AM, Tom Cacek <hytec45 at aol.com> wrote:

>  Andrew, Sure you want to top it off if you haven't done first flight?
> Usually the only time you can't have enough fuel is when your on fire, but
> first flight is one to.  If you have good numbers with the 15, you could
> drain it, weigh again, and get a good fuel moment number.
>
> Can't help on your original question as I have a STD.
>  -----Original Message-----
> From: Andrew Ellzey <ajlz72756 at yahoo.com>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Fri, Nov 16, 2012 8:40 pm
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Weight and Balance
>
>  My aircraft is 99% finished including paint and interior. I have added
> most of the -5 options to my XLRG kit, including the extra carbon fiber
> buildups on my main gear, cut down keel and rear bench seat. I did most of
> my weight and balance today. My total empty weight for my XLRG with a
> Lycoming IO540, 300hp, is 1,902 lbs. This seems heavy for an XLRG-5. I am
> at the point in my weight and balance that I have just added the 15
> gallons of fuel. It was too late to call the fuel truck to top it off
> with full fuel. I inclosed my strakes so my total fuel capacity should be
> around 95 gallons, I won't know until I fill her up.
>
> What are others seeing for your empty weight for an XLRG and an XLRG-5?
> What weight are you using for your gross weight.
>
> Andrew Ellzey
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20121117/68150a3e/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list