REFLECTOR: Wheldon
Terrence Miles
terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 6 07:13:31 CST 2012
Yep. It has to go back to a factory approved re-builder. There are a
couple out there. Does the pump have a static leak? ...as opposed to
leaking when it is running? Be sure to tell them that, and tell them you
want that "fixed" The standard o'haul does not check for leaks due head
pressure on the front face of the depowered pump like we have in the Velo.
I know, it sounds crazy, but that's the situation.
Terry
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of gstull at tampabay.rr.com
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 1:50 PM
To: jerry at jlbent.com; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Wheldon
I've never found parts available for these pumps. I have always had them
rebuilt
---- jerry at jlbent.com wrote:
> We recently purchased a top-loader short wing that hasn't flown since
> 1998. Yesterday we started the engine and there is a fuel leak at the
> fuel pump. It appears to be between the actual pump head and the
> motor. I pulled the pump head and I wondered if this is something I
> can rebuild or is this a factory rebuild.
>
> The collective wisdom is welcome.
>
> Jerry Brainard
> XLRG N202VB and
> Top-Loader, RG N5165U, LIO360
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check
new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list