REFLECTOR: Velocity Hotel
Burrall L Sanders
craftsman at freeflightcomposites.com
Mon Nov 5 07:19:14 CST 2012
HI Brett,
Please add me (Freeflight Composites, LLC) to your hotel list. We are located 8 miles north east of Colorado Springs at KFLY. We can almost always park a visiting plane indoors overnight and often have our apartment at the hanger available. BTW, Freeflight is an authorized Velocity service center.
Contact info:
Burrall Sanders
719-660-8650
craftsman at freeflightcomposites.com
From: Brett Ferrell
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2012 4:23 PM
To: reflector
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Velocity Hotel
The Velocity Hotel / Travel Club is getting off to a great start, so thanks to everybody that has emailed me to offer their accomodations. Just a quick update, I've added folks to the database, and will add the search to the "Member's DB" tab of my website shortly, so if you want to take advantage and don't have a login, just click on the register link and drop me a note so I can give you Builder's access to the database.
Basic seaching will probalby be available this weekend. I'm going to try and code an improved search so you can lookup rooms within x miles of an airport or address (or maybe zip code) to make it easier to find folks, but need to scratch my head a bit on how to do that best (if someone has cracked that nut already, drop me a note offline).
Brett
On Tue, Oct 30, 2012, at 04:04 PM, Brett Ferrell wrote:
> I wanted to run an idea by folks. Larry Parham encouraged me to send this, and it's similar to offers by Terry Miles and others have made (in fact Elizabeth and I have hosted several Velocity builders and owners at our house) as well as the Central States concept of having a listing of potential hosts around the country (or the world). So....
>
> If folks think it would be of use, I'd create a listing of Velocity/Reflector members who are willing to host you or I while we're out enjoying our airplanes. I'd put it behind the secure login area so it wouldn't be a "public" listing with everybody and their brother able to call or send you junk mail, but I know I have enjoyed the hospitality of more than one member of this community, and I'd like to pay it forward.
>
> If you would like to offer your home I would encourage you to send me a private note (bferrell at ! fastmail dot fm ~ obscured for spam! bots, replace the @ and .) with your address, phone, and whatever details you would like (such as you could let someone borrow a car, even if you don't have a guest room, or if you could host a couple but don't have room for kids, are allergic to dogs, whatever) and I will add a "Hotel" area on the Database tab of my website, searchable by city or state, and whatever other useful subdivisions come to mind. I will also ask Terry if I can include the CSA listing here as well (if I do, I will highlight those folks different so you can tell who are Velocity owners, and who are 'other' canard so you know before you call).
>
> Brett
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20121105/70a815f7/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list