REFLECTOR: IFR Test Prep course

David Rene Dugas renedugas at gmail.com
Thu May 31 22:07:39 CDT 2012


The more one knows and can apply the better. Yes the written is a pain but it does test knowledge base. As a surgeon it is important to have the anatomic and physiologic knowledge and the technical ability to apply that knowledge. Both are important. Then one adds experience and wisdom. It applies equally to flying. I suggest "all of the above" is the best answer. Be all you can be. Strive for excellence. 

Rene' Dugas
Sent from my iPhone4S

On May 31, 2012, at 9:18 AM, Jim Kanter <jim at d-film.com> wrote:

> I did a weekend wonder class and passed the exam on the first try the
> same evening the class ended.
> 
> A week later I'm not sure I could have passed the exam again. When I
> went for my IFR flight training I felt unprepared so I asked to spend
> a little more time in the ground school lessons.
> 
> I, too, found the written had little bearing on the flight training
> and the check ride. The flight planning and flying were the most
> important part of training, the written just an obstacle to get past
> so you could really start learning to be an instrument pilot.
> 
> Good luck.
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list