REFLECTOR: Mo-Progress

Dennis Martin dennis.doc at gmail.com
Tue May 29 12:20:29 CDT 2012


Kurt, looks like we made the same mods together. Only one thing I might do
- the air-stop tubes. I'll let you know if I get serious about that. The
hub for my redrive is now in the chrome shop. Steve estimates it might be
done end of this week or early next week.

I'll let you know how it's going, but this guy knows his stuff. He's going
to add some new bearings and races that he has on the shelf just to make it
as tight as possible. He's also got a special type of seal that I didn't
know about. (Maybe you should not use the ones I sent you - same as I
installed & Steve says they won't work). Proper seals will help keep the
oil where it belongs - inside the housing.

Any paint sprayed out of your gun yet? Keep us all posted.

Dennis

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 11:06 PM, <nmflyer1 at aol.com> wrote:

> I just finished the last piece in a culmination of "upgrades" on my 173
> FGE Nosegear.
>
>  Over time I have upgraded the fork to the heavier duty one. (Note: The
> old one fit perfect.. the new one required a small shim to make the fit
> right).
>
>  I have installed the rubber damper upgrade per lots of advice on here.
> Seems a hell of a lot more secure!
>
>  I purchased a new nose strut with the gussets. The new one showed up
> just like the original one: KingPin angle wrong!. It, like the original was
> fixed, but that has me wondering if more folks are having that issue.
>
>  Since tire pressure is an issue, I recently purchased an air-stop tube
> that is supposed to not bleed off pressure nearly as bad as stock tubes.
> Hope that works as advertised.
>
>  I just finished balancing the new nose wheel assembly. It took 1.5 oz.
> but only because I played with the tire/rim orientation to minimize that.
>
>  Put it all back together with blue locktite to keep things snug.
>
>  Thanks to all for the input on all these items. It is a wealth of
> information. If I get shimmy now.. I will really be perplexed :)
>
>  Finished wet-sanding the fuselage this morning. Should have paint on the
> fuselage by week's end... For some unknown reason, they want me to come to
> work every day! Can you believe it.. When I am this close   Damn.
>
>  Onward,
>
>   Kurt Winker
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>



-- 
All the best,
Dennis
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120529/3f652b26/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list