REFLECTOR: Vibration
John Dibble
aminetech at bluefrog.com
Fri May 25 15:04:20 CDT 2012
Can I assume you have 1/8" play in each aileron (1/4" total)? That
might be enough play to cause flutter. I have 1/8" total play in mine.
John
On 5/25/2012 2:40 PM, Izzy Brownfield wrote:
> Been battling a flutter that i thought was coming from a rudder at 145kts indicated. Ive shimmed them out to insure that they are loaded. It slowed the top speed a bit and did get rid of the flutter. I thought i fixed it but the family just flew down to mustang beach tx this morning and now I have a vibration at 150kts indicated that i can feel in the stick and i "think" i can see my left aileron fluttering. Plane Is a Std RG both ailerons set about an 1/8 inch lower than wing.
> Any ideas?
> Aircraft based near denton tx if anyone wants to see it and go fly. After i get back from the beach of course.
> Izzy
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list