REFLECTOR: Cancun?

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Thu May 24 10:10:05 CDT 2012


No hay justicia en Mexico. One year back in the 90's I traveled in Mexico on business for a few days each month and got shaken down by the police twice.
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Scott Derrick 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2012 10:21 AM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Cancun?


  I think the possibility of your plane being stolen by smugglers in Central America is as remote as it being seized by the TSA or US Customs on a normal flight within the US.  Not out of the realm of possibility, but highly unlikely, and not worth the time to think about.  

  -------- Original Message --------
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Cancun?
  From: Jones Nick <nick.jones at volvo.com>
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
  Date: 05/24/2012 07:44 AM

    Has anyone had any experience with Air Journey? I know they are expensive but is it worth it to have someone that has been there to handle all the government hoopla. They have an escorted trip to the Yucatan and Belize which I would really like to do when my bird is flying but I have the same concerns about losing the plane when I get there to smugglers. I visited Cancun with the Wings at Sea group from SNF on a ship and had a blast on the island. Definitely someplace I want to visit again.



    Best regards,



    Nick and Connie Jones

    Velocity XL-RG

    N10CN

    99% done 90% to go



    From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of KMis178813 at aol.com
    Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 9:18 PM
    To: reflector at tvbf.org
    Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Cancun?



    Andy 



       Check out Caribbean Sky Tours  www.caribbeanskytours.com  They have guided tours too and in Mexico. I, at one point and time, put Mexican endorsement on my insurance policy for about $100 and never went through with it. When I went there commercially I checked with the Cancun FBO to get the rules. There were many, One being I believe that they had to file the flight plan for you at a cost, and it was expensive. Not to mention the natives that would like to move Herb over the border but under the radar (what a fine plane for that). The plane may not be there when you want to leave. And who do you call to report a missing airplane? The same guys that caught me speeding (so they say) and wanted me to pay the fine on the spot or go to a Mexican prison for the weekend?????



        FWIW

         Ken



    In a message dated 5/23/2012 8:30:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ajudge at grovenetworks.com writes:

      Yup. In my Standard FG, I figure 2.5 from KEYW. That's why it seems like a pretty easy flight as long as I don't have to divert to Cuba.

      Andy 
       

      From: Scott Baker [mailto:scottb33333 at gmail.com] 
      Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 06:18 PM
      To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org> 
      Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Cancun? 
       

      Geesh,
      I was wrong on the distance from Key West to Cancun.  It's only 355nm.  Less than 3-hrs in a SE-FG and about 2-hrs in a XL-RG.
      Scott B.

      On 5/23/2012 5:27 PM, Andrew Judge wrote: 

      Has anyone flown to Cancun via KEYW? Was thinking about doing a trip out there, but unsure about the pros and cons. I've been to the Bahamas, but that has a lot of land and the only thing with Cancun is the lack of it. I suppose there is Cuba on the way if necessary, but that would probably be a nightmare. Also, the weather is pretty bad. Not sure if XM can get coverage out there.



      Andy





      <!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
      <!--[endif]-->

_______________________________________________To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/galleryuser:pw = tvbf:jamaicangooseCheck new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermailCheck old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


      _______________________________________________
      To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

      Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
      user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
      Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
      Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


     

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-- 
I hate quotations. Tell me what you know.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120524/3f7bd692/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list