REFLECTOR: Cancun?

Scott Baker scottb33333 at gmail.com
Wed May 23 17:15:09 CDT 2012


Hi Andy,
Great question!  Having recently visited Cancun and Cozumel (by way of 
Spirit Airlines out of Ft. Lauderdale), I too have though about making 
the trip flying a general aviation aircraft.  The flight distance from 
Key West really is not that far, but as you observed - the flight is 
entirely over water!  Cancun International has a busy general aviation 
terminal - servicing a Velocity should be no problem.  At face value, 
the 530nm flight looks plausible!  Gwad, I dislike Spirit Airlines and 
the hassles of driving, parking, check in, TSA ... coming and going.  
Love the idea of jumping in a Velocity and simply flying for 3 and half 
hours to Cancun.
Foreflight world map shows composite radar over Cuba, but I don't know 
if coverage extends to Cancun.
Scott B.


  On 5/23/2012 5:27 PM, Andrew Judge wrote:
>
> Has anyone flown to Cancun via KEYW? Was thinking about doing a trip 
> out there, but unsure about the pros and cons. I've been to the 
> Bahamas, but that has a lot of land and the only thing with Cancun is 
> the lack of it. I suppose there is Cuba on the way if necessary, but 
> that would probably be a nightmare. Also, the weather is pretty bad. 
> Not sure if XM can get coverage out there.
>
> Andy
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120523/b575a47b/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list