REFLECTOR: Front fixed gear question
Michael Watson
mikewatsspg at gmail.com
Tue May 22 11:14:18 CDT 2012
Chris,
You shouldn't have any side to side play of the wheel on the shaft.
Add thin washers on each side until the play is eliminated.
On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Chris Barber <cbarber at texasattorney.net>wrote:
> My hangar mate noticed a concern regarding my front gear on my fixed
> gear SE. Since I am doing some cooling mods before continuing high speed
> taxi, it gave him the opportunity to mention it to me before I careen off
> the runway....
>
>
>
> Anyway, I have had the front gear installed for years. I included the two
> spacer that go on each side of the axel that help hold in the bearings
> inside the rim. What was noted was that there is about a quarter inch
> space on the axel that allows the bearing to move out of the wheel even
> with the spacers in place. It still rolls ok but it does allow the wheel
> to shift a bit back and forth on the axel as it moves. I hope I am
> explaining this ok.
>
>
>
> Is this ok, or should I install a couple of shims/washers to keep the
> wheel from shifting back and forth?
>
>
>
> Thanks.
>
>
>
> Chris
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
--
Mike W.
1997 Velocity Elite RG
Franklin /IVO Electric CS
Dual GRT EFIS HX Synthetic Vision
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120522/f2d2c283/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list